Sunday, December 4, 2011

16.

A risk taken in my life was to stay with my boyfriend who is in the marines. Being attached to him because I had known him since 9th grade and becoming my best friend later on in 10th grade made it harder. He was always there for me when I felt I had lost everything and also when I felt lonely. The day he chooses to leave was unexpected and I was unprepared for it because he was scheduled to leave four months later. He called me to tell me he had only a couple hours until he had to say goodbye for three months. Everything happened so fast that day I could not set into the reality of him leaving, until he was gone. Staying with him instead of moving on was one of hardest experiences and decisions I had made because I was unprepared.
I had just lost my girl best friend who I would go everywhere with, later finding friendship in him, I had to completely separate form him, I felt lonely. I knew I had other good friends but they were not the people I could share memories with. I would constantly think about him worried because time a mysterious and no one knows what will happen during 3 months. I was completely lonely I had no one to relate to, no one to comfort me or who understood me. I did not want to break up with him because I knew I would not find someone as respectful as he is and knowing how other guys are I knew their could not be someone like him. I wanted to just focus on personal improvement when he left, but I was afraid that if I wouldn’t think of him I would forget about our memories and connection would fade away. I did it anyways but I would have a good time at school being distracted from him, but when I got home I was drowned in his memories. I sat for the first month in my room after school crying until my eyes looked swollen, and at times I felt anger because he had chosen to leave and I felt he did not consider my feelings. Most people told me I would not be able to do it however, I continued working on myself and continued with my life knowing he would constantly be leaving

No comments:

Post a Comment