Sunday, December 4, 2011

10.

        The best advice I have ever received was given to me by my dad. Since I do not really talk to him much and it was the first time I had asked him for advice, it was also something special having him listen to my problems as well as to what I had to say.
Since there are many people in the school that are into drugs and want to live a wild teenage life I had told my dad I felt uncomfortable at times because the other students mostly talk about partying and what they do with other girls, which shows they are lacking respect for woman. I told my dad about it and he responded to me by saying to know that I am better than that and to realize that the way they are living is not the right way. He told me “imagine them, look at them 15 years from now, If they are still living the same way, some of them will end up in difficult situations, but don’t  let it affect you because you’ll look back and they will realize they were wrong and by then it’ll pay off and you’ll already be successful”. He also added “don’t let the system make the rules for you, you make the rules for it” I liked the second quote he added because it showed me that just because everyone’s living a certain way it shouldn’t make you feel out of place, but you should continue doing what you do so you can show independence ,how you are going to take your way and rather be unique than follow everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment