Saturday, December 3, 2011

12.


“Beep, beep, beep” this had been the third time I snoozed my alarm, and I felt as tired as I was before I went to sleep. I was not in the mood to get up or wake up, the warmth of the blankets was all I wanted on this cold morning and my sleepiness was taking over again so I figured it was best to get up before I was late again. I looked at my cell phone to check the time and it was kind of late already, 6:45.
I got up from my bed, opened the closet and picked out a sweater and some jeans and headed to the shower. I was in a hurry because I did not want to be late again so I got in the shower before the water warmed up. I felt chills when the first drop of cold water hit my fresh out of bed skin, but I could not afford to be late again and get a Saturday school. I needed rest, and Saturday was one of the only days I got the opportunity to do it. The water had finally warmed up; I had finished shampooing so I got out.
Wrapped in the towel, I did my makeup and let my hair down, I then checked the time it was 7:10.”Pamela, ya esta tu desayuno”, my mom had said. I ran to the kitchen and back to my mom’s room eating my quesadilla. I quickly blow dried my hair and told my mom to go to the car already. I sat down and she finally got in the car too.
My mom dropped me off and I only had two more minutes to make it to class. I moved my legs as fast as I could, then looked at the clock again I was down to less than a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment